Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why are you like this?

I think "Grace Cathedral Park" is one of my favorite songs of all time. This morning I was listening to Pavement and it was good because it felt like everything was right in the world. And in a way everything still is, but I'm unsure. It's strange that the year is almost over; stranger still to think of the things we do to ourselves and to each other, and to step back and watch all these forces acting on us, and to watch the things we set in motion. I'm not sure what direction things are going. Last night reminded me how much I need these people around me.

I have no motivation to do things anymore and I've become very cynical, at least in regards to certain parts of my life. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that sometimes I think things simply exist without being good or bad; it is only by the absence of other things that we form judgments. Is anything missing?

No comments: