Saturday, May 23, 2009

I haven't really had anything to write about here in a while

I've done much of my writing elsewhere, mostly by hand, which is very strange for me. I've broken my obsession with ink and gone back to using a pencil. I'm not sure why. Today was hands down one of the best in recent memory, and driving home from the pool listening to Grizzly Bear was as close to perfection as I think I can hope for. I'm feeling better about this summer than I was earlier this week. I actually swam today for the first time since probably January; it was at least the first time I've done any sort of workout since March. Maybe that will be my hobby this summer. God knows I need it.

I'm having trouble finishing Savage Detectives. Probably because I can feel how epic the end is going to be, and I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for it. I've been reading a lot of Levis and drinking tea and listening to Sun Kil Moon this week, all of which have been influenced by this perfect rainy day weather that we've been having. I honestly do not care that I've barely made a cent this summer, perhaps because I have plenty in savings, but also probably because its been very nice not working very hard yet, combined with my general lack of affinity for money.

That's really all for now, not that what I typed above amounts to much anyway. Maybe I've been using pencil because I want these thoughts to fade, or maybe its because it reminds me of a simpler time, and I've been walking backwards recently.

No comments: